Xanton
Flag of the United States
Download Flag Images
FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Scouty's Update!
XIR Clan Forum Index » News and General Discussion » Scouty's Update!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XIR.Scout109
Can't Stop Posting

Post Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Scouty's Update!

Just thought i'd post to let people know what im up to and that i am still alive! ^^

Well PC gaming has taking a fall from me this summer, I've er gone and bought a PS3!! Anyone else have one? I was 50/50... either new PC or a PS3. So im hooked on PS3 online gaming. But!! here's where pc life doesn't end, well as you may know ive finsihed my Uni studies, and now on the hunt for a possible career start. Which is damn hard!!!!! :'( need experience!! But er.. as soon as that arrives which i hope before Xmas i can start to put money by to afford a PC that will dominate Bountykilla's new toaster setup and Bjorn's mother hubberd's alien UFO servers! well.. lets not push it! my internet connection will make me fail still ... oh wait hopefully that will be sorted too when our contract is up, we hope to upgrade to virgin media's service. as scans in this area tell us its the best for speeds etc.
Plus my PC building skills aren't top notch! lol

Im afraid yet again, i doubt i will make Thursday's training Sad sucks! Will need to sort my schedule out soon!

Also, Does everyone play UT3 more than they do UT2004? or is it a mix?
Iv'e only seen a few us still on UT2004 lately.

I hope everyone is well & friends!
 Back to top »
XIR.Xanton
5 Kiloposts
5 Kiloposts

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject:

Hey Gav - thanks for the update and wb! Smile

PS3... pah! Wink Nah, kidding. I wish you all
the best for your career start. In what field
of activity? IT, webdesign something like that?

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
XIR.bountykilla
Advanced

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Scouty's Update!

XIR.Scout109 wrote:
But er.. as soon as that arrives which i hope before Xmas i can start to put money by to afford a PC that will dominate Bountykilla's new toaster setup and Bjorn's mother hubberd's alien UFO servers! well.. lets not push it!

Hehe, am loving my new toaster setup, thanks Gav Laughing Especially now I've overclocked it!!! Rolling Eyes

XIR.Scout109 wrote:
Also, Does everyone play UT3 more than they do UT2004? or is it a mix?
Iv'e only seen a few us still on UT2004 lately.

For me I mainly play UT3 now.......in fact I mostly play on the Jolt iCTF normal grav servers Very Happy Have ventured back to 2k4 for the odd Thursday training meet, but apart from that I don't really play it that much any more!

I also have a PS3, although I've only got 3 games on it at the mo!!! Am still playing through MGS4 (which personally I think is a big dissappointment!). Once I've completed it I'll probably trade it in for Race driver GRID or something like that as I've got the demo and it seems ok!

Any way mate, hope you get yourself sorted out soon (work wise) and get on UT3 as soon as you can!

Andy

Signature courtesy of -Purger-
 Back to top »
~XT4S3R~
1 Kilopost
1 Kilopost

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject:

bah PS3 ^^

Xbox360 is way better and has more great games Wink And btw ^^ the 360 graphics is in most games better than the ps3 Twisted Evil Ah ^^ and the last reason why i would buy a ps3 was ff xiii ^^ But they release it also on xbox360 ^^

Oh and all the best for ur career start Wink

Cheerzz Arne

Edit: Get Soul Calibur 4 2moz ... and can't play with u guys online *grml ... just becos u bought a ps3 Laughing

Last edited by ~XT4S3R~ on Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
XIR.Scout109
Can't Stop Posting

Post Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Haha, thanks for the comments guys,

Bjorn - Area of work im hoping to aim is anything in Design really. Either it be for Print, Digital, Web, Ideally i'd love to do motion which im best at. Mix of 2d and 3d animation. Stuff like game intros special effects or film trailers/adverts/film intros etc. I have skills that cover all areas including illustration aswell.. so nothing is impossible etc. Only thing holding me back to go along web design is the coding side of things technical side of things, of which you may know on my ever so odd monthly help PMs Smile hehe!
It's hard to find a job at my age due to im still 21 years of age, and i guess they are looking for more mature employees around my area and all the better more of a chance to get design jobs is in London roughly 60miles away which is roughly 1 1/2 hours away drive (non-traffic). Which when im older i'll look to move up north i think. Stay at home close so i can have free roast dinner's and be tax free with my mummy. hehe!

Andy - Well well, thought you mgiht be a ps3 owner.. splash the cash! ^^ hehe jk! Well... at start i was with you i thought MGS4 was poor! But ive completed, and nearly completed it on BIG BOSS hard. Last act now. And i think its the best game i have ever played! The things you can earn do customise within the game is unreal. You unlock special items when completing etc and can have your suit 100% stealth when non combat like the mkII sorry for people who don't understand my jibber jabber MGS4 talk. ^^ It's a must buy game. Andy just try and sit down for 1-2hours playing MGS4 and you will get caught up in the story mode! Hidden things all around the place.

Also, you've over clocked your deathstar machine..? ^^ hmm.. well.. like i said i'd ONLY be impressed if it could cook bread(to make toast) Wink and go ping! Window's default ping noise that is ^^ lol

Arne - How would i guess that my kryptonite UT player has joined the darkside with Xbox360! meh! hehe only kidding, I liked the 360, until PS3 came out. To me its an overall better machine and a better investment. But i won't go all fanboy on you and say about graphics and detail. Smile Graphics is only down to the game publisher's not the hardware itself... in a matter of speaking.

Overall thanks, for the best wishes all! i'll keep you posted! Hopefully see you online soon! Smile
 Back to top »
XIR Clan Forum Index » News and General Discussion » Scouty's Update!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: